In creating your personal development plan, careful planning plays a vital role.
It should be well thought off and written as this will serve as an important guide towards personal development. Clarity of the plan can lead to higher success rate. Don’t just write the goals but it would be of much help if the ways on how to achieve it is likewise written in detailed. The personal development plan will be the bridge to close the gap amid the person you are right now and the person you want to become in the future.
Consider the following when you create your own development plan.
1. Know your purpose why you are setting up a plan. Your ultimate purpose is to make a concrete improvement in some areas of your life.
The personal development plan must make you strive for deep, significant changes and must push you to commit to it.
2. Take your plan seriously. You don’t make a plan because your friends are doing it, because your boss told you to do it and most importantly, not because it is the trend and you wanted to be in, to belong. You are making a plan because you know deep within that you wanted to make some areas of your life much better than where it is right at the very moment.
3. Spend your time gradually in making the plan. Coming up with a great plan aimed at achieving the desired result needs to be done in an unhurried manner. Take your time in writing down the things that you feel need improvement so that you are assured of positive results.
4. Do not hesitate to make revisions. Once you finished the personal development plan, it does not mean that you are not allowed to revise it. Revising it only means that you are setting things right from the very start. Likewise, as you start with the implementation of the plan, you can still make some more revisions in case there are items that do not meet the requirements of your needs.
5. Pay sufficient attention to your plan. You shall maintain your eagerness and passion until the accomplishment of the plan. You don’t do it every other day or when you only feel like doing it. Its success greatly depends on you alone.
6. Focus in one area at a time. Sure there are a lot of improvements that you want to make. But putting it all in one plan is not a good idea. You cannot concentrate well when you see in your list that there is so much to accomplish. Pick at least five top priorities and start from there first. Then, the rest will follow.
7. The plan must fit exactly to your needs. Don’t make your life harder by trying to fit it in to the plan that you created; the idea is that the plan must be the one to fit in your daily life. Being comfortable with your plan will not put any pressure in your quest for development.